Monday, March 12, 2012

I Will Hold on Hope

Hey everyone! I have a pretty cool mani to show you today! Although I'm not overly thrilled with how it turned out, it was fun to do.

I did this mani with inspiration coming from a music video, Mumford & Sons' "The Cave." While working at American Eagle this past summer this was my favourite song on the store playlist and the video always caught my eye. Yesterday as I was looking over the submissions page for Sarah from Chalkboard Nails' Dotting Tool contest I came across this pretty entry from ZigZagNails. I put two and two together and voila!

If you should ever be looking for inspiration for nail art I suggest you pop on over to that page. There were some awesome submissions and I love recreating other peoples' manis and adding my own touch!

Here is a screenshot from the video which you can find here
Keep reading for more photos!

Here's a close up of the accent nail. To create this mani I used 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow. I have a few complaints about this polish - it is so streaky. You can probably see it on my nails. Usually I don't mind because I don't like to wear white as a base colour much, it's way too stark and it just looks strange. I also used Barry M Cobalt, OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where?, and Quo by ORLY Filthy Rich. I used three different sizes of dotting tools to create this look.



The sun is out in Montreal and spring seems closer than ever!

This has gotten me thinking, maybe a music video inspired nail art series would be kind of fun. 
What are some awesome music videos that you guys could turn into a mani?

xoxo Nikki

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute. A different design that what one normally sees but I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete