Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Water Marble Technique

Hey everyone! Once again, sorry for my intermittent posts recently, but the end of the semester is almost here and I'll have much more time to blog!
Today I have a manicure that I'm not really sure about, I love the idea, but I wish I had executed it just a little bit more successfully. To give you some background, I first saw this sort of technique here and I was intrigued, but I couldn't figure out how to get the clear "windows" in the water marble. After I received the OPI New York City Ballet collection it just came to me: I could water marble with one of them and it would be sheer enough for the design underneath to show through!
I wish that I had taken more care on the base design instead of just slapping colours on wherever, but keep on reading for some more pictures of this new water marble technique!
So I just painted on a bunch of colours, I don't even remember which anymore, and then I used Zoya Ashley (which is the nicest polish for water marbling - it spreads beautifully) and OPI Barre My Soul, a sheer peach-pink.




I tried at first to do this with black in the place where I used Zoya Ashley but my CG Liquid Leather is too thick to spread in the water.


Sorry about my uneven thumbnail, I broke it a few weeks ago and it's still making it's way back to its former glory.

I think there are so many cool things to do with this, you could water marble over a stamp, or over a holographic polish maybe, who knows! Have you tried this out before?

11 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even tried regular water marble yet (I am such a chicken >.<) but this is such an awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, I love the colors you used! I tried water marbling once but my polishes were too thick so it failed miserably. Will have to try again with thinner polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very cool!
    I'm in the same boat as KawaiiKagura (too scared to marble LOL) so I haven't tried this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh very cool. we may have to try this for water marble wednesday. have you done a double water marble before? those are very neat too.

    ReplyDelete