Sunday, July 01, 2012

Happy Canada Day

Good evening everyone! What a nice way to kick off the month of July - with a holiday celebrating the most beautiful country in the world and one I'm so proud and thankful to call home! Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian readers and also to all my international followers, I hope you have a chance to visit my lovely country one day! Onto the mani, I honestly threw this together with little time after failing to plan something big out, I took inspiration from Kayla Shevonne's Canada Day mani from 2010 which you can see here.
I know my clean up on the water marbled nail is lacking, but I really wanted to get this post up by the end of the evening!

I used China Glaze Ruby Pumps on my index finger, OPI Alpine Snow for all the white, OPI The Thrill of Brazil for the maple leaf on my middle finger and for the base on my pinky, and Lynnderella Love, Lace, and Lilacs also on my pinky. Not pictured in the photo, but I used China Glaze Poinsettia on my thumb with a semi-glitter gradient using OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It.


I filed my nails down right before this and they always look a little stumpy to me immediately after filing.

Here's my line up of bottles.

Canadian ladies, did you do anything fun this Canada Day? Did your city have fireworks? I'm headed to the fireworks here with my boyfriend in a couple hours.
International followers, how do you celebrate your countries' birthday? Do you do a manicure in honour?

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud to be Canadian too! The patriotism of your manicure is insane :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just going through older posts that I missed while I was in ALBERTA for Canada day (and 2 the following almost 2 weeks after) ;) (ps. I'm not a stalker I promise, I seen your location in the Canada nail polish FB group lol). I spent the day at the West Edmonton mall, how patriotic ha.

    ReplyDelete