Friday, January 04, 2013

Matte Splatter Mani

Morning everyone! As I mentioned before, I'm getting ready to pack up everything and move across the country to start the new semester. I have mixed feelings about it, but there's not much I can do now! I'm trying to get ahead with my nails so that I'm able to better adjust to being away when I've been home for six months. Today I have a splatter mani to show you all, which I then took to the next level and mattified!
I'm getting kind of bored of winter, so I decided to use some spring or summer colours and maybe summon some sunshine and warm weather! For a base, I used Quo by ORLY Little Black dress, then did the splattering with Zoya Arizona, Zoya Zuza, and China Glaze Happy Go Lucky. 

I'm not sure how I feel about those bubbles and all those smears. I guess a splatter mani isn't supposed to be perfect, right?

In case you're all intimidated by the clean up of a splatter mani, this is how I do it! Lots of scotch tape to cover the places that I don't really want to bathe in acetone.

What do you think about this colour combination?

2 comments:

  1. ooh interesting color combo. i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! Love that you took a dark polish for your base colour :)

    ReplyDelete