Sunday, October 07, 2012

Quo by ORLY Celebration - Swatches & Review

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a nice weekend, I sure am! Today I have an exciting collection to swatch and review for you, which is the Canadian exclusive Quo by ORLY's Celebration collection. This collection is full of beautiful glitters and a black creme polish. I neglected to take a photo of the entire collection together, so here is a press photo that I was provided with.
I was so excited when I came across this collection at Shopper's Drug Mart because it's pretty rare to see a drug store polish release an entire collection of chunky glitters, at least in Canada. I'm fairly sure that these are complements of the ORLY Flash Glam FX collection. This post is a swatch and review post, and thus by nature is going to be long and picture heavy!

The first polish of this collection is called Cheers To You and it is holographic gold hex and bar glitter. I used two thin coats for the photos below. The glitter in this polish wasn't difficult to work with per se, but I opted to use a traditional method of applying nail polish instead of dabbing on the glitters, which made it a little more challenging. I layered this polish over the gorgeous OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue.

I love the way these two polishes look together, this is a combination that I will wear again in the future.


Here's a look at how this polish looks in the shade, still just as pretty!


The next polish in the collection that I have to show you is Paint the Town Red, a gorgeous red hex and micro glitter mixture. Show below is only one coat, so this polish could definitely be built up to opacity. I chose to showcase it layered over Zoya Kristen.



I really like how this looks in the shade, the bottle picture looks like it's glowing!


The next polish in this beautiful lineup is An Affair to Remember. This polish is full of blue hex glitters, as well as blurple microglitter that really gives this polish something special when the sun hits it. Shown here are two coats layered over OPI Do You Lilac It?

Can you see the tiny little glitter that I'm talking about?


This combination reminds me a lot of Lynnderella's Bride of Franken, don't you think?

This one was the hardest to work with of the bunch, but I must admit I didn't wait very long in between coats and probably didn't give the polish enough time to dry.


Here I have Quo by ORLY Pink Champagne layered over the black creme polish from this collection, Quo by ORLY Little Black Dress. The formula on the creme polish was good, pretty basic for a black creme, nothing outstanding but no complaints either. I used two very thin coats, but I imagine with some more patience you could get one thick coat to reach full opacity. Pink Champagne was surprisingly easy to work with, I used one coat here and got quite a bit of coverage. It's holographic pink/purple bar glitters in a clear base.



This one is my least favourite from the collection, but only because I don't really love bar glitter by itself.

Last but certainly not least is my absolute favourite polish of the collection, Quo by ORLY Throw the confetti. This polish has two sizes of gunmetal gray glitter, it is so gorgeous I don't even have anything else to say. I used only one coat here, so again this could be easily built up to opacity. I have shown this layered over OPI Thanks a Windmillion from the spring 2012 Holland collection. I am enamored by this combination.

I really like the combination of the small and large hex glitters.


I think this one is the most versatile in the layering possibilities.

In the shade it looks a little more silver than gray.




What are your overall impressions of the collection? I know there are quite a few of similar chunky glitters, but these ones are easily available to Canadians at Pharmaprix and Shopper's Drug Mart. Quo by ORLY polishes usually retail for $10.00 CAN and I do believe these are limited edition. My favourite from the collection is Throw the Confetti, followed by Cheers to You, but there isn't one single polish that I could say that I dislike.

Some of the products in this post were generously provided for my consideration and honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is definitely An Affair to Remember. Lovely swatches, I always get a little bit envious when there is a North American exclusive (to Target, or Canada like this) :( NZ's polish market is poos!

    ReplyDelete