Monday, August 06, 2012

Day 06 - Violet

Good morning! I hope everyone in Canada is having a great long weekend! Because I liked yesterday's blue manicure so much I decided to do another manicure using a bunch of shades from the designated colour family, and a tape manicure is what I came up with.
The shades of purple (err - violet) that I used were Zoya Megan, OPI Do You Lilac It?, A England Lady of the Lake, and OPI Funky Dunkey. I used a small striper brush and China Glaze Liquid Leather to outline my squiggly tape lines.


I actually added the black lines impromptu, this is how I had envisioned the manicure to look like. Which way do you prefer? 

A England Lady of the Lake is such a gorgeous purple scattered holo. Do you own any A Englands? They have the best formula!

Are you guys enjoying seeing this sudden surge of nail art? I'm really having fun doing this challenge! It would mean a lot to me if you could pay a quick visit to the posts of the other ladies that I'm taking this challenge on with. 

9 comments:

  1. Yes, it looks better with the black lines :-) Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought - it also helps cover up my less than perfect taping.

      Delete
  2. The black lines add definition. I like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I made the solid colour part of the challenge a little more interesting!

      Delete
  4. I swear I love your manicures ideas and this one is not an exception! So pretty, Lady of the Lake makes the diference :)

    ReplyDelete