Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 27 - Inspired by Art

Hi everyone! Sorry for being late again - the last week of this challenge is so hard, especially when I'm working every day helping what seems like every teenager in Calgary find some back to school jeans. So, I'm sure you've heard about the elder Spanish lady who took it upon herself to restore a painting of Jesus Christ from the 19th century. In case you haven't seen, this article has a nice summary. I wasn't feeling particularly inspired by this theme so when this story surfaced I knew what I had to do.
Though difficult to see, my nails say VIVA LA RESTAURACION - poking fun at the restoration of the painting and incorporating it into Che Guevara's iconic image that you see all over. If we're being honest, I ran out of room and scribbled the end of the word. :(

I used OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where? and China Glaze Liquid Leather.


I think everyone else took this theme a little more seriously than I did - check them out!

3 comments:

  1. This has to be my favourite post of the week! I almost choked I thought it was so funny (I was eating at the time). Love your humour :) (and your skills, I'm rubbish at freehand)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it! It is so funny and creative. I am from Spain, so I will show your nails to my friends, they will all understand it :)

    ReplyDelete