Thursday, August 09, 2012

Day 09 - Rainbow

Good morning everyone! Today I have some crazy, bright rainbow nails for your viewing pleasure! I was having a hard time deciding what type of manicure to do once I had picked out my colours, and I was reminded that the last time I attempted a ruffle mani it didn't receive much positive feedback, so I wanted to try and rectify that and see what I was doing wrong. If you've never attempted this type of manicure, here is a comprehensive tutorial by Sarah of Chalkboard Nails.
The colours I used to create this bold manicure are OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where?, Zoya Arizona, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, OPI Green-wich Village, OPI Fly, and OPI Do You Lilac It?

While my ruffles still aren't quite perfect, I still love the way this looks.

Let's see what everyone else did for the ninth day of the challenge, rainbow is a pretty broad theme and it's always fun to see how different people interpret things.

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I would love to see how to do it....but there is no link :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would never have thought that's how you did it! Talk about a patience testing manicure!!

      Delete
    2. I was surprised too because it doesn't actually take very long, I love this technique!

      Delete
  2. Love this! The colours you chose are great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I really wanted them to pop!

      Delete
  3. OMG this is beautiful! Love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try ruffly manicure, this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina, and yes, you do need to try it because it's so much fun!

      Delete
  5. These are fun :) Makes me want to do the cha-cha or something!

    ReplyDelete