Friday, January 27, 2012

Flirty Polka Dots

I am so excited to show you guys today's mani because it is using a new polish that my ex-roommate brought me from New Jersey. I knew I had to buy this colour because of the name, and because Kayla Shevonne recommended it and said it was one of her favourite polishes of all time! Do you know which one it is yet?
If you guessed Illamasqua Load, you're right! For this mani I used Load as a base, then my dotting tools and OPI Pink Friday, OPI Strawberry Margarita, and Quo by ORLY Red Hot for the polka dots. Another tip I learned from Kayla's blog was filling in some of the polka dots with the base colour to make them look hollow. (Can I just admit that I originally wrote "holo" and not "hollow" .. nail blogger problems!) 
I think my bottle of Seche Vite is getting too gloopy to use, look at what it did to this mani :( Keep reading for more pics!


Flash photo
I wasn't as impressed with the formula of Load as I thought I would be, the first two coats went on really streaky and it wasn't easy to even out. Maybe it was a one time thing, we'll see. I'd say it's worth it for the colour payoff though.




Oh when will they start selling Illamasqua in Canadian Sephoras?


I hope you guys liked my second manicure in the Valentine's Day series. This one is a little less girly and less obnoxious. I'd say it's more cute and fun! Thank you for reading!
xoxo Nikki

2 comments: