Monday, January 30, 2012

OPI News and a Nail Fail

Hey guys! Just a quick post today to show you guys a few things that I am so excited for after seeing online! It looks like the next collection we can expect from OPI is their soft collection centered around the New York City Ballet! I think this is a lovely idea, I hope they're not all too sheer. Some pastel creams would make me squeal, and look at that glitter! This is a photo I found floating around online, it is not mine. 
I'm intrigued! I know Soft collections aren't a lot of people's favourite thing, but I feel like we have to remember that OPI doesn't cater exclusively to the nail-obsessed like us. They have an obligation to make products for normal people too ;) 
While I was looking for more information about this collection online I stumbled across this article in the New Zealand Herald that talks about the next collection after NYC Ballet:

"The brand also collaborates with celebrities (Nicki Minaj, Nicole Richie) and films (first Legally Blonde and most recently The Muppets). Later this year OPI will launch six sheer shades inspired by the New York City Ballet and the next movie collaboration will be a series of brights tied in with the new Spiderman flick, Weiss-Fischmann said."
Did you guys hear that? Spiderman? A series of brights tied in with Spiderman? Excuse me while I hyperventilate a little bit, this is so exciting! I wonder if they'll be as great as last year's Pirates of the Caribbean colours. Look at us, getting all excited before the Holland collection is even released, I just wanted to share the news that I snooped up online and let's hope that it's reliable!
Now for a little comedic relief, I have a pitiful attempt at what was first going to be hearts and later turned into poorly executed half moons. I took these off immediately so please don't mind the lack of cleaning up. I'm so embarrassed to post this but hey- I'm only human.
 This is my first experience with OPI Bubble Bath. Usually I'd be okay with wearing it with a normal two coats but I wanted to test the opacity, so here's five coats and still VNL. 
And...yeah. 
Let's just not talk about this, okay? 



No comments:

Post a Comment