Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pink Zebra Gradient

Hello there lovely followers and welcome to the first installment of my Valentine's Day 2012 series! I love Valentine's Day, I think it's a lovely holiday and I don't really care if it's "too commercial," I think it's sweet. Over the next two and a half weeks I'm going to be showing you guys some designs that I might wear for V-Day. Without further adieu, my Pink Zebra Gradient mani..
So let me try to offer an explanation for my giant gap first of all. When I sat down to do this mani I was going to water marble, but maybe it was too cold or something but none of my polishes were spreading. I had put down a base of OPI Steady as She Rose but assuming I would be marbling, I'd clean up the mani after. Buuuuut..that never happened so now I have a messy and large gap, sorry!

To get this look I layered two coats of OPI Steady as She Rose, then I sponged on OPI Pink Friday, and finally used a sponge and OPI Strawberry Margarita for the tips. I stamped with China Glaze Liquid Leather and Konad plate m57. I really liked the way these looked and I got a tonne of compliments. Even my roommate who is apathetic towards nails was intrigued. Keep reading for more photos!



My middle finger is stamped so perfectly - too bad it has the worst gap! This is with flash.


Indoor light






What are some of your favourite colours to do gradients with? I really like this look, but I'm not sure if I have a wide enough spectrum of many other colours to make it look nice. I hope you enjoyed this first V-Day post! xoxo Nikki

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pinks you used, I have been trying to find the perfect pink shades these are great!

    ReplyDelete